Friday 8 January 2010

At Long last a Silverlight Video on a Microsoft Site

 

While browsing Microsoft Games for Windows Live ( a desktop application that enables you to download games to the desktop for PC or cue them for Xbox) I came across World of Goo which was recommended to me by JK and there was a video Link. Yes I expected to see yet another Flash Video on a MS site. But Low and behold it launched in Silverlight. Good Video too. Also is Silverlight Slideshow of screen shots. The Slideshow did not function properly with my slow broadband as the main image was not loaded locally until needed. As a result if I pressed on the play button I got a sequence of blank images on the main canvas. Testing, 1,2,3 Testing!!

But maybe MS are serious about Silverlight after all. Or maybe it was the developers of Goo that are Silverlight aware and they maintain their own Games for Windows Live page themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment